Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hearing...

After my last post, about sight, i felt a little intrigued about hearing...i think i have some sort of super hearing, i know this can be linked to me being young and having good hearing, but i was playing my xbox today, put in a different game and it told me 'this game is not support in PAL 50hz, please change the display settings to PAL 60hz' or something to that effect...i did so, strangely i could hear the change in high pitched frequency, i dunno if his is normal, but i could hear the change, when it's at 60hz, the sound is higher pitched, when it's at 50hz the sound is slightly lower...no one else was able to hear these frequencies when i asked them to and no one seems to believe me that i can hear them simply because they can't hear them.

A similar incident happened at my aunts house once, she had a mouse...and so had one of these devices that sends out a high pitched frequency that only the mice are supposed to hear in order to drive it away.............low and behold i could hear the thing!! i was staying at hers for a week at the time, EVERY night i could hear it, high pitched ringing in my ears...all night! Is my hearing special or is it just a result of being so young? i still haven't found anyone else who can hear the frequncies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The frequency being referred to is the refresh frequency of the CRT, i.e. how fast the electron gun is being fired to create the image. Being able to hear the sound of the electrons boiling at the back of the tube is partly an age thing, and partly to do with hearing sensitivity and how attuned you are with your environment.

For example, I can hear my cellphone charger, and almost any other transformer.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home