Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Another one down.......

So i got another exam over and done with. I think i've done alrite, i don't have any exams until thursday so i can have a lie in tomorrow. After friday all will be good, less exams and more free time, well....there's really just a higher free time to exam time ratio. So anyway...enough about exams. I wanna talk about the new mac book.



So i've had my ibook about 3 years now, since then Apple have moved on quite a bit! They've released many a new product and did a revision of their existing products! Aside from the iPod, the biggest thing Apple have probably accomplished was the transition between PowerPC and Intel...and low and behold a year(ish) after the announcement Apple land one of these in the hands of consumers. So what's new? Well there's now an Intel Chip which is apparently up to 5 times faster or something mad like that! A new 13" screen...a webcam...and well...that's really it apart from a few cosmetic differences with the iBook G4. So for someone like myself, is this an advantage to me? Well i only use my iBook for surfing the web, msn messenger, itunes and watching a dvd the odd time. So when these were released i got so excited i cried...but then i thought more about it, do i really need this extra speed? Do i really need a webcam? and a screen that's an inch bigger? Well to be perfectly honest...my iBook runs efficiently enough barr the slight loading time on everything due to my 256mb of RAM...i plan to upgrade, and then things will be efficient enough for another year or so. I'll wait til the next release of OS X before i SERIOUSLY consider buying one of these ;-) although one is allowed to dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home