Thursday, May 25, 2006

tomorrow.....

Well for the first time in about 3 weeks i have a full school day tomorrow...Starting out at 9:15am i have my RE exam and then a 2 and a half hour break or something crazy like that, then business studies (i'm going to try and revise on my break) and then i'm going to do my ICT exam after school starting at 3:15 i think. I often find that every year, no matter how hard i try i always manage to fail RE...it just seems to complicated to me, i can never think when i'm in the exam.

So after all that i can relax for the weekend until tuesday which is cool, cause it's english...something i consider myself to be pretty good at. Anyway...enough about exams. Whilst i was trying to revise tonite i decided to hook up my wireless speakers with my pedal board etc. and was playing around with one of my favourite songs by incubus called "Just a Phase" the more i played with my pedal board the more i was able to produce an accurate sound, and what reminded me of all this was my cousin stephens comment he left...he ALWAYS inspires me to push myself harder, i mean he doesn't directly say to me "PLAY MORE!!!" but any time i speak to him, i'm reminded of the first song i ever heard him play on the guitar..."sweet home alabama" and i remember how precisely he played it and even though i can play it too, i'll never forget it, it really inspired me to play guitar more and more.

So tonite i was playing this song over and over and for once i actually enjoyed the sound i was producing. So i got this idea...i'm going to maybe hook it all up to my ibook later and layer a few tracks (some with effects, some purely clean guitar) just as the song is...and then get my mate (ben) to record the drums for it, and we'll mash it all together and then add a vocal track to it...of course there are other instruments involved, i think i have tracks for those somewhere so i mite add them in and stuff...that'd be interesting. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home