Thursday, June 01, 2006

Insomnia of a teenager..................

things were going ok as regards exams, until today, well i wouldn't exactly say both of the ones i had went horribly (biology and business studies) but i couldn't sleep until 4:30am and had to get up at 8am...so in 2 days i've had very little sleep. I couldn't really concentrate during the exams and had all sorts of things in my head.

So i'm lacking sleep, i've always really had problems with sleep within the last 2 years, ever since i remember becoming a teenager...well that'd be 3 years then, but yeah, as soon as i became 13 things got tougher, it wasn't so easy for me to sleep anymore. Maybe i'm just being stupid but it was like the art of sleeping (there's a skill to it????) just slipped my mind and i could no longer get to sleep on time, no matter how long i lay there just waiting. A friend of mine told me it's maybe that subconciously i have stuff on my mind all the time, i thought that too, being a teenager can be more stressful than some people like to think and they give it the whole attitude of "oh you don't know what stress is until you're 40 and in debt" and i'm sure that's very true, but being a teenager comes your first real responsibilities, you learn how to communicate, you learn how to treat people and learn how society works (sure, you learn this when you're younger, but when you get older it progresses to a more advanced level) Could this be why i don't sleep so well? constant thoughts plaguing my mind?? do i think too much?? or is it just that i've had my iPod for about 3 years and listen to it everynight before bed, maybe the music provokes my thoughts and i'm sure it most likely does that indeed. do i talk to much crap when i've had little over 3 hours sleep within 2 days??

So i popped 4 sleeping pills and tbh i feel quite ill (not cause i took them) and have done all night, it's just the lack of sleep, but as i type this the sweat is oozing out of my back. and so i need sleep, even if it is more than 3 and a half hours i'll appreciate it so much more cause i've lacked it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nigel said...

Hey lindsay! yeah i think i should be safe with those sleeping pills though, they're herbal so i wouldn't imagine there'd be much in there to damage my body! As for reading...what happens me is that i get into it too much and then it excites me and i end up being more awake. Oh well...thanks for the comment though, it's nice to know i have a new reader :)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home